Easter Time!!!

Anyone who knows me, knows how much I LOVE holidays.  I'm the kind of person who decorates for Christmas as soon as the Thanksgiving meal is done.  And I love Easter!  It's one of my all time favorites. I love the stories (both the Easter and the Passover stories are big hits with me), I love all of the pretty pastel colors, and I love the candy (naturally).  So I'm so excited that Easter time is upon us.

Luckily for me, my boys share my enthusiasm for these events.  I told them that we were going to dye eggs today and they could hardly wait!  We started this project at about 7:30 this morning... and I'm sure we'll do it again tomorrow!!
















 Here we go!  And by the way.... Harvey is wearing a blue feather head band because he made himself a "Blue Macaw" costume (we saw Rio over the weekend)
 ah the brown egg.... It started out white, but after multiple color baths, it ended up like this :)
 Decorating the eggs with stickers (yes, Dexter is sitting on the table... )





Harvey, happy with the way his egg turned out!







This is Harvey's favorite new picture face.  I say "Hey... look at me and smile", and he does this.  Charming.
 Dexter left this egg in the dye for about 30 minutes, which for a four year old is a very long time!!  He was very pleased with the result.







And the finished product.  Looks like tomorrow we will be having egg salad sandwiches.  Can't wait!!

1 comments: